Thursday, August 14, 2014

Monday Minute Challenges

Monday Minute Challenges is a writing prompt contest on Tessa Emily Hall's blog Christ is Write.  For the first time, I decided to enter one into the challenge/contest!  I used the picture prompt. Well, here it is:


- - - - - - - - -

                I shuffled forward and halted, as I had been doing for what seemed like hours.  I squeezed my brother’s hand so tightly it made my knuckles white, we were reaching the end of the line.  The line began to move once again and my mind raced for an escape.  A man with a black suit drew closer to me and my brother, Aiden.  In this evil man’s hand was a large metal box with a black hole in one end.

                “Just stay calm, Ryan, we will get ourselves out of this.” My brother whispered softly into my ear.  His voice is shaky, he is scared too.

                “You two,” the man pointed straight at me and my brother, I gulped. “Single file!”  Aiden obediently dropped my hand and stepped in front of me, but I wished he hadn’t, I needed his support and comfort, though he was just as scared and surprised as I was.  The line once again inched forward and Aiden was the next teenager. 

                I watched in horror as Aiden’s hand reached for the machine and entered.  I heard a quiet popping noise and my brother’s sagging body shot up with attentiveness.  What did they do to him?  I turned to run away but was too late, the machine had already been slipped over my hand.  In a matter of seconds a chill ran throughout my body and I walked forward against my will.  I looked to see where Aiden went in order to follow but my legs led me in the other direction.  What is happening to me?  I was now alone.  I was now enslaved.
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
 There is only one day left to get your entry in if you would like to participate!

Hope you all enjoyed this!