Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Monday Minute Challenge

I apologize for not posting in so long, but I have been sick for the past week.  Well, anyway, here is my entry for the Monday Minute Challenge on Tessa Emily Hall's blog Christ is Write.  I used the sentence prompt and it turned out to be 298 words.  Enjoy!


                It was a place I passed every day. Who would have guessed it was a trap?  I fell to the ground and sobbed in the dark enclosed room I was being kept hostage inside.  Someone will find me, they have to.  I tried so hard to believe it, but I only doubted myself.

∞ ∞ ∞

                My horse and I trotted gracefully along the dirt road, admiring the beautiful trees to both sides.  Spirit and I loved to take this trail in our spare time, and I often brought a book with me.  We were nearing the large climbing tree, which my older sister and I used to play in when we were younger.  I slowed Spirit to a halt, considering if it would be a good time to take a break.  Crunch!  The jet black stallion reared up.  I tumbled down his back hit the ground hard.  Another dress, ruined!  After brushing off the dirt, I stared ahead at Spirit, who was on high alert.

                “What is up with you, pretty boy?”  I said in a calming voice.  I could see the white in his eyes and he was breathing heavy.  “Did you hear something over there, Spirit?”  I pointed towards the tree.  Something must have spooked him, he isn’t usually like this.  I led him over towards the tree to see what might have scared him.  In a flash, two men came running towards me and grabbed my arm.  I tried hard to loosen his grip and take off on Spirit, but I couldn’t.

∞ ∞ ∞

                I cried even harder.  Who knows what they will to my blessed horse?  They could beat him, or just go ahead and kill him.  I squeezed my eyes shut tight, hoping I would never have to open them again.

Thanks for reading :)