Friday, December 5, 2014

Final Scores and More

Okay, so I am happy to announce that I have won NaNoWriMo (from the Young Writers' Program)!  My goal was 17,000 words and now it is completed!

So, lately I have been busy with finishing up schoolwork before Christmas break, and not writing.  Honestly, I have had no idea what to post about :( 

All I have for you today really is a link (I know...right?) and some encouragement.  But trust me, it is an awesome link to an awesome writing challenge.  It is called...*drumroll*...The Fantasy Crawl.  I have started it, and through it, you can write a pretty good amount of words for you current novel. 

http://nanowrimo.org/forums/word-wars-prompts-sprints/threads/178121

I just wanted to tell all of you to keep writing.  I know how hard it is, especially when you are in school, but keep on persevering.  Here are some things to help you to write the two words, "The End", on your story:

1. Take any challenge you can get your grasp on.  Whether it is on a blog, as big as NaNoWriMo, or it is just with a few friends, it is going to help you write.

2. Keep setting goals for yourself. Reward yourself for getting a certain number of words done.  When you reach 3,000 words in one day, have a bowl of your favorite ice cream.  Tell your friends and family when you reach an important scene in your book.

3. Try and get together some friends and make a writing group.  You can get together over Skype or any other video chat and do words wars, do character interviews, ask for advice.  Trust me, it is one of the things that has kept me dedicated to finishing my book.

4. Have fun and enjoy your book.  I don't know about you, but I cry with my characters, laugh with them, feel their feelings.  I enjoy it.  I want to feel like I am in the story also.  I get on the edge of my seat at a suspenseful part. 

That is all I have for today!  Bye!
- Mickayla

P.S. I have a group board on Pinterest called "Go Write Something".  If you would like to be involved, follow me, comment on one of my ins and I would be happy to add you.  Here is the link to my account: http://www.pinterest.com/mickaylajansen/go-write-something/