Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo and Updates

Okay, so tomorrow is April 1, which means... CAMP NANOWRIMO!!!  It is time to dive into chaotic days of racking my brain just to put words on the page.  Am I ready for this?  Defenitely not!
I still have no idea how I am going to reach 25,000 words in 30 days, but at least I have a fresh(ish) story awaiting me. 



So what happened to Galaxy Connectors?  It is Galaxy Connectors.

As I began writing Galaxy Connectors, I didn't know a whole lot about writing.  I barely planned, which caused me to have undeveloped characters and a weak plot.  My villain didn't have a motive and the world was created while I was writing.  The list could go on and on of things I did wrong.  As the book progressed, it became harder and harder to stay interested writing and I finally became stuck.

That is when I consulted with my sister, who happens to be one of the best writers I know.  She read through what I had on my first draft (this was quite painful for me, knowing how terrible it was).

She told me that I should re-do my story.  I stripped it of almost everything, but still kept the general idea (so that I could keep the name).  After that, I went into deep planning and did lots of research.  Now, I have almost finished my planning!

...And Camp NaNo is rapidly approaching...