Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Book Lover's Questionnaire

I have been tagged for "The Book Lover's Questionnaire by Jessica over at Through the Realm of Dreams: throughtherealmofdreams.blogspot.com.  Thanks, Jessica... I am so excited for this post :)



First, I want to say that I have not always been a big reader, but since I have been writing... I have found some pretty awesome books :).  Now, here come the questions.

Do you have a specific place for reading?
Not particularly, but I do like a comfortable, peaceful and quiet place to read (usually with lots of pillows) *hugs pillow tightly*.  I know some people can read while a millions of distractions are going on around them, but I just cannot do it.  I have to have a relatively quiet area, so I can focus.  I just love my pillows :)

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Umm... well... I prefer a nice bookmark with a Bible verse or something, but (You knew that was coming, right?) that usually never happens.  I usually end up with a random piece of paper, though!

Can you stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?
It really depends on the book.  If it is a boring school-book, I want to stop anywhere.  But if it is any book by Jaye L. Knight... I can't just finish the chapter, I have to finish the entire book! :)

Music or TV while reading?
Music... totally!  TV... no way!  I love listening to my writing music while I read, it often gets me in the writing mood *grins*.  TV would be way to distracting, too much noise and movement.

Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Nothing is like reading while sipping on a mocha or hot chocolate!  Although, if I am reading a really good book that I just can't put down, eating can be difficult because I have to turn my attention to my food.

One book at a time or several?
Okay... to be honest, I usually finish book before I have time to start another one.  So, usually I only read one "free-read" book at a time. :)

Reading at home or elsewhere?
Usually at home.  If I am not at home, it means I am spending time with family, friends, etc., so I don't really read anywhere else.  Plus, I like my bean bag chair...

Read ou loud or silently?
For free-reads, silently.  When I am reading all that confusing school stuff, I prefer to read out loud.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes I read ahead a couple of paragraphs if something catched my eye, but never more than one page.  I like surprises in books, not spoilers!

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I like to keep a book as nice as possible, but I don't read with a book open 2 or 3 inches so that I don't hurt it. :)

Do you write in your books?
NO, NO, NO, NO, NEVER!!!  The only exception is highlighting or underlining in my Bible or schoolbook.

I tag:

Tessa at Christ is Write: christiswrite.blogspot.com
Abrielle at Indonesia Around Me: indonesiaaroundme.blogspot.com