Sunday, April 19, 2015

Some Notes on Priorities

At church this morning, our pastor was on vacation (which he really deserved), but we had a guest pastor preach today.  He was fantastic.  So, I thought I would share it with you, because it can apply to anyone. 

He began by talking about how your life is split into minutes.  Every minute is precious and a gift from God.  This minute could be your last. 

The introduction not only touched me, but helped me realize that every single minute should be used wisely.  It encouraged me to live every minute like it is my last, and I encourage you to do the same.

Okay, and that was just the introduction.  So, here are the notes that I wrote down from the sermon.

Setting Priorities for 2015

1. God is my first priority.
There are three primary areas where we need to demonstrate that God is our first priority.
*We worship him. (Luke 4:8)
*We obey him. (1 Peter 1:14-16)
*We accept our status as His children.  (John 1:12-13)

2. My family is my second priority.
*To Provide a Christian home/atmosphere. (Joshua 24:15)
*To Live by God's standards. (Ephesians 5:21-26 and 6:1-3)

3. My church is my third priority.
*To find my place of service.
Look at the "Christian's Core Values" through the purpose statement "SERVE".

S = Spiritual Gifts
E = Experiences
R = Relational Style
V = Vocation Skills
E = Enthusiasm

*Learn to depend on other believers.

The sermon showed me there are some things that should always be at the top of your list.  And since this month is April, one of them is not Camp NaNoWriMo... sorry readers!

- Mickayla

PS - Camp is going well!  I have written 16720 words out of my goal of 25,000!