Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Writerly Reading List

In the past year or so, I have gotten serious about writing.  Since then, I have also started reading more. I have met new people (mostly over the internet), and I have learned a lot.  My life has been very different.  A lot more hours go into reading and writing, blogging, and chatting with my internet buddies.

I have mentioned before that one of the keys to becoming a better writer is reading.  It really is.  You are admiring the work of someone like you who has experience.  You learn from them.  So, in this post, I thought I would give a list of books that writers should read.  Books where their authors have nearly mastered the complicated art of writing.  A Writerly Reading List.

1. Out of Time Series by Nadine Brandes

A Time to Die


2. The Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight

Resistance

The King's Scrolls

3. The Makilien Trilogy by Molly Evangeline

Truth

 Courage

 Trust

4. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Hobbit

Lord of the Rings

8. Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elizabeth Stengl
Heartless
Veiled Rose
Moonblood
Starflower
Dragonwitch
Goddess Tithe
Shadowhand
Golden Daughter
Dragon's Light
I haven't actually read these, but I have heard great things from my other friends who have! (I am not going attach all the covers for Tales of Goldstone Wood because the series is so long.)