Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Liebster Award

I have been awarded by Alea at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings and Katie at A Writer's Faith!  Thank you both very much!



Rules for the Liebster Award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.


11 Random Facts about Myself:

1. I am horse-crazy!
2. I am a sponsored archer.
3. I remember my first time "hunting" when I was 2. (Hunting is in quotes because I wasn't really hunting, I was just sitting with my Dad watching for deer.  I guess the correct term would be scouting.)
4. I am currently reading Every Tear by Molly Evangeline.  (This book is amazing and definitely a must-read!)
5. My favorite board game is Scotland Yard.  (If you haven't heard of this game, you should look it up.  It is super fun and a great family game!)
6. My desk is covered in Bible versus and encouraging sayings.
7. I am an extrovert.  Definitely.
8. I get obsessed over one word sentences.  (Really random, right? Notice the reference above...)
9. I am pretty random.  (Do you think that I am running out of ideas yet?)
10. This year I am doing a Lord of the Rings English curriculum, which I am super excited about!
11. I have been to Night of Joy (A huge Christian concert at Disney World) for the past 2 years.  I hope to go this year as well!  (If you are thinking about going, it is so worth it!)

*wipes sweat from forehead* Boy, am I glad that's over.


11 Questions from Alea:

1. Why did you name your blog what you did?
Oh, good question.  Well, first of all, I wanted something unique.  I also was looking for something that involved both writing and drawing.  So, I came up with Pencils Can Change the World.  I knew it was perfect.  It sounded intriguing, and unique.
 
2. Do you have a posting schedule?
I wish.  Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work out too well.  Although, I do try and set a goal to post once a week.  Lately, that hasn't been going over too well, but I am hoping extra spare time in the summer will help me out with that.
 
3. Do you like pizza?
I LOVE PIZZA!!!  (I mean, who doesn't?)
 
4. What is your favorite book (or book series)?
That is a tough one.  I would probably have to go with the Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight.  Although, the book series is not complete, the first two books have proven the book series is my favorite!
 
5. Have you ever fangirled about your own writing?
I have.  And it was actually just yesterday.  I was shipping two of my characters. XD
 
6. Are you on Pinterest?
Yes.  I don't pin a whole lot, but it can be really helpful when planning for your book.
 
7. Do you play a musical instrument?  If so, what do you play?
Yes, I play guitar. (I am not very good, but YouTube is helping me with it XD)
 
8. What kind of music do you like?
Mostly Contemporary Christian.
 
9. Have you ever tried a tutorial from the Internet and had it backfire or not work?  (If so please share the story!)
Yes.  My sister and I found this homemade DIY projecter, with a shoebox and an iPod.  After a couple hours of changing the size of the hole and the distance of the device to the hole, we gave up.  My Dad felt really bad about how frustrated we were, so he ended up getting us a projector for Christmas that year. 
 
10. Do you like to swim?
I do!  I just recently moved to a house with a pool, and now that it is summer, I have been swimming a lot. 
 
11. If any fictional character could be your best friend, who would it be?
Either my MC from my WIP, or Jace from Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight.  But, I wouldn't want them to replace my awesome best friend!

 
11 Questions from Katie:
 
1. Why do you write?
Hmm... I write because it let's me build my own world and my own story.  I wouldn't say it is out of self-pity, but the life I create for my characters is often more interesting than my own life.  Also, I want to write something that I could turn around and read.
 
2. If any fictional character could be your best friend, who would it be?
I already answered the question above, but I will copy the answer in again.  Either my MC from my WIP, or Jace from Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight.  But, I wouldn't want them to replace my awesome best friend!
 
3. What's one really weird dream you've had?
All my friend's were littlest pet shops. XD (Trust me, I was really little.)
 
4. If you found a portal that could transport you to any fictional world of your choice, where would you go?
Can I mention more than one? Hehe.  My top would probably be Middle Earth, but I would also like to go to Narnia, Ilyon, and my own world.
 
5. Paperback or Kindle? Why?
I like paperback better.  Although, price-wise, I would prefer Kindle.  I really like to hold the pages in my hand and it is easier to look for a certain part in the book.
 
6. What's one post you've written that you're most proud of? 
Probably, Erasers: An Artist Best Friend.  You can read it here.
 
7. What's an interesting quirk that you have?
When I am really hyper, I talk in this really annoying and cute voice.  I drive my family crazy. XD
 
8. Can you share a picture of your bookshelf? (More commonly known as: a #shelfie.)
On the left are my pleasure books (don't worry, there are more behind) and on the right are my schoolbooks.
 
9. What are three things on your bucketlist? Or do you even have a bucketlist?
Three things on my bucketlist are go to a midnight movie premiere, see the hobbit houses in New Zealand, and live on a ranch.  You can look at the rest of my bucketlist on Pinterest here.
 
10. How old were you when you started writing?
Well, I started writing when I started school, but I started writing seriously at 11.
 
11. Share the last sentence of your WIP with us!
*cough* Do I have to? *cough*  Fine, here it is: How could I lose her now?  After all we have been through? (Yes, I realize that there are two sentences, but they fit together.)


My 11 Questions for You:

1. What inspired you to write?
2. What is your favorite Bible verse?
3. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
4. If you draw, paint, or do any form of art, can you share of picture of your favorite?
5. What book are you currently reading?
6. Do you listen to music while you write?  If so, what is your favorite?
7. Have you ever taken a fandom quiz?  If so, what was it for?  What were your results?
8. When you write, do you prefer to type it or hand-write it?
9. What is your favorite part of the writing process? (Ex. Planning, 1st Draft, Editing)
10. What is your favorite form of exercise?
11. What is one word that describes you?


I nominate:

T.W. Wright at Indonesia Around Me
Annabeth at Crumpled into a Blog
Laura at Laura's Sweet Treats
Tessa at Christ is Write

I can't think of 11 bloggers who have not already been nominated, so anyone else who wants to do this award is welcome!