Saturday, January 2, 2016

My 2016 New Year Resolutions

The new year means a fresh start.  It is time to "start over", putting the old things behind, and looking forward to the new things to come.  This blog is long overdue for a fresh start.  I want to start off 2016 with a post (I know, its about time) on some of my goals this year and a blog schedule - one that I will actually hopefully be able to follow.



My New Blog Schedule

Over the last six months, I have had almost zero time to blog.  When I did have time, my mind was completely blank.  Both of those problems are solved (to some extent).  I thought that having a blog schedule might help me stay on track.  I didn't want to post too often, otherwise I wouldn't be able to think of enough ideas.  Or just get plain bored.  Last night, I planned out every post for this month, the title, topic, and main points.  This helped.  It not only made sure that I had ideas for the whole month, but got me pumped up about blogging.  I could work on posts ahead of time and not be waiting until the last minute.

I will post every Saturday, unless I have a decent excuse.  Simple enough, right?  I found that Saturday was the easiest day of the week to post, because I have school during the week, and church activities on Sunday.

Book Goals

I am not a total bookworm, but I do like to read (notice choice of words: "like" instead of "love"). When I do find a good book, I can't put it down.  I have so many books I want to read (mostly from recommendations), I am getting a little overwhelmed.  "HOW AM I EVER GOING TO READ ALL THESE BOOKS?" *headdesk*  One of my resolutions this year is to read 50 books.  That means about 4 books a month (and 2 extra).  *silently freaks out from the unexpected number*  You can follow my status on Goodreads throughout the year.

2016 Reading List



A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes.  I am currently reading this one.  AMAZING.  Expect a review on this one sometime soon.
The Choosing by Dekker Rachelle
Heartless by Anne Elizabeth Stengl (as well as the rest of the Tales of Goldstone Wood)
Five Enchanted Roses: A Collection of Beauty and the Beast Stories
Orphan's Song by Gillian Bronte Adams
Water Princess, Fire Prince by Kendra A. Ardnek

Of course, I have a million other books that I want to read.  The ones listed above are the ones I will be reading first.

Many bloggers (and readers) have different opinions on book reviews.  Some people say that they don't feel like as many people read those posts.  I love reading book reviews.  I enjoy getting to find out what other people think about the book.  If it's good or bad.  So what do you think?  Would you like to hear reviews on the books above and others that I read?  I would really appreciate your feedback.


Would you like to see more book reviews?

Other New Year Resolutions

  • Post on my blog once a week.

I am hoping with my new blog schedule and new method, I will keep up with blogging.  It would really be an accomplishment to complete this resolution.  I would feel so proud of myself!

  • Do NaNoWriMo and reach 50k in November

*freaks out* I really wanted to do this last November, but I just didn't have the time.  November rolled around and I didn't have a single idea planned out.  For me, it was like...

Me on October 31: Oh my goodness!  TOMORROW IS NOVEMBER 1st????  I HAVEN"T EVEN SIGNED UP FOR NANO!!!! *headdesk*

Now, I have plenty of time to prepare, and hopefully I will have a better schedule.

  • Read at least 50 books this year

This is going to be a challenge, but I really want to read more.  I have already finished one book this year.  One down.  Fourty-nine left to go. *crosses fingers*

  • Go on a mission trip

I have volunteered at several places in the community, but I have never gone somewhere to do a mission trip for a number of days.  I don't think I will be able to go out of the country, but maybe at least out of the state.  Mission trips have touched the lives of many people, both the volunteers, and the people they are helping.  I want to be able to do that for someone.

  • Run a 5k

Recently, I have been playing soccer at a local Christian private school.  There is a lot of running involved, so I thought I might try my hand at running a 5k. We'll see how that goes ;).

  • Draw a Bible Verse a Month Challenge

I heard from someone who was doing this challenge and thought it was an awesome idea.  It gives me a chance to study God's Word, while getting some drawing practice in as well.  Basically you choose a Bible Verse each month, study it, and then draw it.  If you want to do this challenge with me, I would absolutely love for you to join in!  I will be posting my drawings as I finish them, so you can follow along.


For the next week or so, I will be updating and changing other pages on my blog, so if you have any issues navigating around the blog, I apologize in advance!
- Mickayla