Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Of Drawing, Writing, and Reading

I haven't done an update on any of these subjects lately, but today I am changing that!  EEEEPP!  April is a crazy month.  Camp NaNoWriMo -- which means nights of staying up late to finish my daily word count.  School -- I have to start wrapping up the school year, which is both exciting and stressful.  Then, I have my Goodreads goals and my endless reading list to keep up with.  Of course, I can't forget to draw...


ALL THIS EQUALS ZERO TIME FOR NOTHING ELSE.  I need the Doctor to pick me up in the TARDIS so I have infinite time to do all these creative things and only missing a second or two of real life.  Now that's how to finish a book quickly. XD



Drawing


Let's talk about my art.  Over the past couple months, this has been put on the back-burner.  I haven't drawn nearly as much as I would have hoped, but I have so many other things to do.  Drawing didn't have a deadline.  It slowly moved down my priority list.  I was able to sneak a few drawings in, however.  All of four for 2016.

One of them is fan-art for Captain America: Civil War, which is taking wayyyy too long to come out.  ONLY 30 MORE DAYS.  AHHHHH.  I have officially watched the trailer everyday for a week.  I hope I'm not a little too excited.


Another one is fan-art for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  That movie was epic.  And sad.  It tore my heart out, ripped it to shreds and put it back in.  Anyways, I did this drawing of Kylo Ren, and I'm pretty proud of it.


Displaying IMG_1437.JPG
The third one is a little sketch of a cardinal.  No idea why.  I think I just felt inspired to draw birds that day.  *shrugs*


The fourth one, I am not going to show you.  *laughs evily*  This one did have a deadline.  When I heard that Jaye L. Knight was doing a contest for a fortress/castle for Samara's Peril, I couldn't resist the opportunity.  I mean, the chance at having my art in a published book.  AHHHHHH.  I finished it just a couple days ago.  I'm not sure exactly what Jaye plans to do with the drawings... show them to everyone, or keep it a secret until the book is published.  I promise you will see it sometime.  Just not yet.



Writing


It's April 5.  Five days into Camp NaNo.  I chose a low word goal of 10,000 words, but I am probably going to bring it up to at least 15k before the end of April.

I am working on this new contemporary book about horses.  I finally had a plot bunny that involved horses that's working (so far).  The current title is A Horse's Prayer, but I'm not sure if I am going to keep it.  We'll see when I get farther into the first draft.  I don't have a synopsis put together yet, but I when I do get to it, I will post it.

Here is my status for Camp NaNoWriMo so far...


... I know that I wrote nothing yesterday -- or today (yet).  I have an excuse.  I was reading the best series ever -- well, one of the best series ever.  That brings me to my next section.



Reading


So far, I have read 15 books in 2016.  That's 30% through my goal of 50 books for this year.  I don't feel like doing the math right now (I'm lazy), but I think I am on schedule.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer  Cinder by Marissa Meyer  Charlie Bone and the Red Knight by Jenny Nimmo  Charlie Bone and the Shadow by Jenny Nimmo  Charlie Bone and the Beast by Jenny Nimmo 
Charlie Bone and the Hidden King by Jenny Nimmo  Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors by Jenny Nimmo  Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy by Jenny Nimmo  Charlie Bone and the Time Twister by Jenny Nimmo  Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo 
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes  The Greatest Book You've Never Read by Marjorie Jackson

That's all the books I have read this year.  My favorite so far is probably... A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes or either of The Lunar Chronicles books by Marissa Meyer.  EEPPPPPP!!!  THE LUNAR CHRONICLES.  I can't wait to start Cress.  This series is soooo good.  I will probably do a big review on the whole series, which might be very soon.  I love how each book in the series is longer.  It makes to series last longer.  I can't stand for a good series to end.

I think I've covered about everything.  I hope all you Campers are doing great with your word goals.  I wish you luck in this crazy month.

- Mickayla